Should we remove Article 35A
- September 24, 2018
- Posted by: mdeepak
- Category: Group Discussion
Introduction to Article 35A
Article 35A of Indian constitution defines Jammu and Kashmir permanent residency. It gives special power to Jammu and Kashmir peoples for accruing property rights, permanent residency, and other benefits. This Article gives a person from Jammu and Kashmir special power only a Jammu and Kashmir person can apply for government jobs in Jammu and Kashmir or can buy or sell the property.
In Favour of abolition:-
- This law violating the right to equality under article 14 of the constitution of India. Jammu and Kashmir are the states of India and every Indian should have the same right.
- Due to this article no company wants to invest in Jammu and Kashmir, this is the reason why 70% peoples of J & k depends on truisms and season work. If this article gets remove then the economy of Jammu and Kashmir can be better.
- When this article added in the constitution there was no debate on this law, it was directly introduced. We should do a debate on this article in parliament.
- This article violating gender equality, a boy of Jammu and Kashmir if getting married with other state girls then he will not be losing any property right but if Jammu and Kashmir girls do so she will lose her property right, also this article force SC and ST community peoples to continue their caste occupations.
- If we remove article 35A then it will increase immigration of peoples into Jammu and Kashmir, A sudden increase of peoples can’t be handled by present government.
- Article 370 of Indian constitute supports special autonomous status to J&K and this status supports article 35A.
- Now it is a Muslim majority state peoples are in fear that if we remove this article then other community peoples will dominate Muslims in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Migration can increase unemployment problem of Jammu and Kashmir it’s a strong reason to not remove article 35A now.
Article 35A is no doubt against equality. It is also a barrier to the development of Jammu and Kashmir. Article 35A is only increasing political tension but there are no such benefits. But it is also true in the present time we can’t remove this article without a long debate in parliament.