Should we band Chinese Goods?
- September 28, 2018
- Posted by: mdeepak
- Category: Group Discussion
Indian market is now Chinese good addicted and most of the product we have in our daily life are made in China. Indian and Chinese trade is no doubt a good example of globalization but here some cons also present. In the financial year of 2015-16, India’s imports from China are worth 61 Billion dollars, whereas India’s exports to China are just 9 Billion dollars. This is the huge deficit and a Borden for India.
- Due to chinses products, most of the small and micro industries of India is now on its end. There is about 3 million Indian small and microscale industry are there, this business is getting huge and this loses directly affecting our economy.
- Many electronic and toy industries of India are closed due to a huge import of chinses products. Toy and electronic industry were some of the main job proving sectors of India after closing of these sectors we faced a huge unemployment.
- Many chinses products like plastic toys and firecrackers are destroying our environment. These products are not good for health and there is no safety check before import.
- We all know that Chinese are funding Pakistan and some terrorist group which is nothing but the money generating from our import from China.
- China is getting a lot of profit and developing its infrastructure but on the other hand, it is causing a lot of loss for Indian industry and infrastructure.
- India is following globalization then how we can set a band on Chinese product. If we set the band on Chinese product then it will be against of ‘World Trade Organisation’ (WTO).
- There are the much essential product which is not produced in India and if we import this product from any other country then it will cost us a large amount.
- Chinese products are more affordable and easy to get. Due to its low cost, most poor peoples are having some essential goods.
- At present time there is no good alternative for chinses products. So if we band on Chinese product then it will be a harm full step for the Indian economy.
- There are various global companies are using Chinese worker and land for manufacturing their products so it is not true that all the imports from China belonged to Chinese companies.
In present time we can’t avoid Chinese product because we have no alternative for Chinese good. Instead of the band, we should do some promotion for Indian products. We should buy the local product so that our small and medium scale industry can grow and improve their quality. The main problem of Indian small scale industry is quality if we focus on the quality product then peoples will defiantly go for the quality product, not for cheap products.