How to Initialise a GD
- September 17, 2018
- Posted by: mdeepak
- Category: Group Discussion
GD plays an important role in a job selection process. In a GD round, the most important part is to start the GD. Here the person who started The GD show his way of thinking, the person who started the GD can take the discussion in a positive way or in a negative way. If you can start a GD in a right way then it will bring you an extra mark and attention of the selector so here are some tips, how to start a GD.
- Start the GD in a positive way and add some description at the beginning when you are introducing the GD topic to all. For example, add a definition of the topic. Your definition or explanation about the GD topic will lead the discussion towards the negative or towards the positive path to give a clear description at the beginning.
- In your description use a very short cut way. You have very few mints so don’t destroy it with a long explanation. Say some famous quotation or some famous rule or statement said by any ideal person. By use of quotation, you can create a good impression and it will reduce your explanation. But always make a clear meaning.
- It is better to use some data with your GD starting. Every day read a newspaper or any current information media to keep up-to-date yourself. Do not add any unknown data try to add some fact and statistics in you’re starting so that most of the peoples in the conversation will join in your side.
- Start with a challenging question or a motivational question, for example, ask “can we do this job in next 5 year” etc. answer the question by yourself with a positive view like saying “yes we can”. This will lead the discussion in a very positive way and most of the participators also will join you.
This is some tips which can make your start impressive and way more attractive than a normal starting. Do practice every day and gather facts and information on current affairs which will increase your view and confidence in GD. keep your self-motivated and positive so that you can drag anyone into a positive path.