GD TOPIC: YOGA SHOULD COMPULSORY IN SCHOOL OR NOT
- August 25, 2018
- Posted by: mdeepak
- Category: Group Discussion
Yoga is a gift from India to the world, Yoga is not just beneficial for the body as it is also a remedy for a stressful life. Now day’s yoga is one of the most demanding and great career opportunity subjects all over the world.
The initiative of yoga in schools comes with the idea of promoting wellness, developing body-mind awareness and the ability to nurture the well-being of the teachers and students. The attempt at making yoga as a compulsory curriculum in schools faced objections too. There are many parents who are in support but some of them are opposing this step.
Let’s find out the conclusion of today’s GD topic: Should Yoga be compulsory in School or not.
- Children are more loaded with the burden of study in the present day competitive world where parents want them to come at the top slot at any cost.
- Yoga will provide the children with a much-needed break from their hectic lifestyle of studies and other activities.
- It is one of the ways that can make children realize the difference between the active life and the passive life. Today’s tech lifestyle of young children’s should be changed. Playing in the real world is much more beneficial to students rather playing in the virtual world.
- The present generation is suffering from posture problems as most of the time they work on laptops or are busy with mobiles. Yoga helps them to maintain the right posture. Practicing Yoga is will make children easy with good body posture.
- In the age where everything is open on the internet, yoga helps the children to gain control over their mind and body in all the aspects. Yoga not only increases the physical ability but also it increases the mental concentration. Increasing concentration will help students in their study.
- One of the most important things is the cost factor. Schools don’t need to spend a huge amount of money to impart yoga education to students.
- Children are already occupied with lots of work, and they hardly get any time to spend on themselves.
- The cost of Yoga classes will be ultimately passed on to the students creating an extra financial burden on parents.
- The most important problem that cannot be ignored is the untrained instructor. It is necessary to have a well-trained Yoga instructor that is rarely found in society.
- Yoga in Scholl is also a religious controversy many parents from different religious background opposing this concept.
From the above discussion, we can conclude that practicing yoga is not just beneficial for children it is also necessary for youngster and senior. Yoga maintains a healthy lifestyle and increases mental concentration. We should take Yoga as an instrument for body fitness not as a religious object. Yoga is a gift from our ancestry but it’s our responsibility to keep it growing.