GD Topic: US-India relationship – After Trump Government
- September 17, 2018
- Posted by: mdeepak
- Category: Group Discussion
Indian diplomacy is now focusing on many different countries, since the last decade, Indian diplomacy and strategic relationship get boosted to a new hike. Especially from 2014 Indian diplomatic relationship get changed in a rapid manner. One of the diplomatic partners of India is USA. USA was not a good friend of India from the beginning of Indian independence but later on it now one of the most important allies of India. USA is one of the most powerful nations and a large supplier to India. The USA also a second home to millions of Indian NRIs. USA also now working with India in the sector of medicines, science, business, education and many more. With all of this, it is very necessary that there should be a good relationship be maintain with the USA. USA political view changes with their government. Diplomatic policies and view of USA always depend upon their presidents’ mindset towards a country. Now In USA president trump in power. After the USA general election, there are many changes happened in the relationship between USA and India. Let’s us see what are the good and bad impact happened in Trump administration.
Things that strengthened India-US relations:-
- Business between India and USA is now increased by 26% and both the country encouraging entrepreneurs to start new innovations. In 2017 both countries made a joint program in Hyderabad to encourage youth entrepreneurs.
- After trump administration, Pakistan getting stop its found support from the USA and now the USA also admitted that all the terrorist activity in India is conducted by Pakistan support. The USA also supported the surgical strike against Pakistan.
- All the diplomatic meeting between Modi and trump consider as successful and the media represent their self as good friends in the diplomatic world.
- USA now gave open support to India in all the major communities of nuclear and defense also the USA now supporting India in UN.
Things that weakened India-US relations:-
- Trump administration do not support Indians to work in USA . Trump government from the beginning of the election adopted less friendliness towards immigrants from other countries.
- In trump administration, H1 visa gets restricted which is a problem for Indian who wants to get a job in the USA. In one of the meetings between Modi and trump, it was a major topic.
- Iran is one of the good friend of India and very strategical partner of India against Pakistan. USA mindset towards Iran is not now totally reversed and the USA asking India to stop importing oils from Iran.
- In the recent USA gave a warning to India for not to acquire S400 missile defense system from Russia. S-400 system is one of the major projects of India and Russia which should not be interrupted my USA because it is internal defense deal of India.
- Restriction on immigrants will impact on the development of science and health care also USA is a big economy if the USA not accepting products from India and only interested to shell product then it will big problem for Indian economic growth.
Right now USA is looking for national interest first so it is not safe to think the USA an enemy or a friend. The government of the USA now taking their action and making new diplomatic strategy lets give some time to come out the result which will clarify next Indo-USA relationship.