GD TOPIC: SHOULD GROUP DISCUSSION BE COMPULSORY IN HIRING PROCESS?
- August 24, 2018
- Posted by: mdeepak
- Category: Group Discussion
Nowadays group discussion is the criteria for checking a candidate’s eligibility and skills for a particular job. A list of skills is tested in a GD like communication skill, reasoning skill, leadership quality, team building quality, thinking process, interpersonal skill, analytic skill etc. it is also named as Elimination round. Most of the candidate cant qualify the gd section and but they do have good knowledge in their subject field. Sometimes it is very painful that you have scored very well in your career and also you have done well in written test but in group discussion, you got to eliminate. So is GD is necessary for the hiring process?
- Group discussion is the best criteria to examine the communication skills of candidates.
- Every company wants to hire the candidates those who are good in communication, teamwork, and they must have leadership quality and in a group discussion, you have to go through this parts.
- Group discussion is also a good medicine those who are shy and introverted in nature. Through this process they can build up their public speaking quality also they will get the chance to interact with other people.
- Group discussion helps candidates to develop their thinking process and to expand their knowledge from the others.it also help them to prepare for the interview in future.
- Group discussion helps candidates for corporate life. Because every company wants to hire efficient candidates those are good at communication skill, interpersonal skill, intellectual skill and they should know how to interact with boss and clients.
- Group discussion is not important in the hiring process because candidate requires subject knowledge for the job but if due to group discussion he will be eliminated it is really going to painful for him.
- Group discussion should not be an ultimate process for hiring and they need to consider all the process and qualifications. if group discussion will be compulsory then it might be a loss in terms of quality for non-corporate jobs where educational and technical efficiency is required.
- Group discussion might bring stress to shy and introvert people. Because normally they don’t want to talk more but here they are getting pressures to talk.
- Group discussion also might bring stress to those who are not good at communication and it does not mean that those who are not good at communication they will not do a job. Maybe they are good enough in other part but due to GD only they will lose their job.
A group discussion in a hiring process is a right step to check the potential of the candidate. It’s a way to find out a person’s attitude, personality, etiquette, potential and knowledge about the topic related to his job. Many institutes are providing GD classes and everyone should attend this class. But before going to do classes you need to verify the institutes and find out the best one for you which can help you to improve your skill in group discussion.
To Know more GD topics read English Avenue blog regularly. English Avenue Spoken English classes in Bhubaneswar.