GD Topic: Joint family vs Nuclear family
- September 12, 2018
- Posted by: mdeepak
- Category: Group Discussion
In recent time we have seen peoples are now no longer interested to live with a large family. There was a time when people believe in unity but now this turned into a Borden for many peoples. It is not in all case there are still many examples left where we can see a happy joint family. This mindset about living in a joint family or living in a nuclear family now representing our society Morden living style. Joint family vs nuclear family is a one of important Group discussion topic and we should have a clear view on our chose of living.
Let’s start today’s GD topic Joint family vs Nuclear family:
Advantages of Joint Family:-
- In the Joint family, children get guidance from parents and elder parents get support from their grown-up children. This support and guidance to each other make a family strong.
- If both parents are working then children can get support from the grandparents it provides a good upbringing of children’s.
- In joint family children’s are much safer than the nuclear family. There is less threat of child kidnapping and human trafficking because there will be someone always keeping eyes on youngers.
- In joint family total cost gets split into all family members, it helps to save house rent and other expenditure. Peoples can save a large portion of their income by living in a joint family.
- Today’s Morden working lifestyle making peoples lonely and depressed but in a joint family a person will be less lonely or depress.
- People who were raised in joint families can easily mingle with other people. It’ll be very helpful in having an active social life. Functions and festivals will be super fun in joint family.
Support for Nuclear Family:-
- When people’s lives in a joint family there is always a conflict between family members regarding sharing household work and financial responsibilities etc. This may affect relationships.
- There will be less privacy in the joint family. Most of the young couple left joint family only for privacy reason.
- In joint family getting a clear conclusion on any topic is almost impossible everyone has a unique demand and managing and getting on a decision is very difficult in the joint family but it is easier in a nuclear family.
- Earning members may feel that they are being taken for granted by lazy members of the family. Sometimes in a joint family earning member are very few which creates extra Borden on earning members.
- Nuclear families tend to have more gender equality when compared to joint families because it does not contain elders to impose the age-old beliefs on the entire family.
Both types of families have their own advantages. People choose to have a nuclear family or joint family depending on their situations and personal preferences.