GD TOPIC: IS INDIAN READY TO HANDLE INTERNATIONAL CYBER ATTACKS
- August 25, 2018
- Posted by: mdeepak
- Category: Group Discussion
India is now taking rapid steps towards digitalization’s, in every sector nowadays there is somehow we use digital equipment’s to make our work essay. With the rapid increase in digital use, there is also a rapid increase in cyber-attacks. Now day’s cyber-attacks are some of the major problems facing developing countries like India, Bangladesh, etc.
India also rapidly moving towards digitalization and now almost every government scheme is connected to the internet. There are various benefits when we connect the government system with internet but there is also a security issue.
There are many people who want digitalization in India but is Indian Cyber Security is ready to handle international cyber-attacks. Let’s discuss today’s GD topic to find out the conclusion.
- Yes, India is ready to defend any international cyber-attacks.
- Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT)-India notifies concerned regarding cyber-attacks, analyses the vulnerability.
- National Technical Research organization (NRTO), which was formed in 2004, provides technical intelligence to internal and external security.
- National Cyber Security Policy, 2013 aims at protecting the public and private infrastructure from cyber-attacks.
- India is working with the US on cyber security.
- India has approx. 10,000 cyber soldiers, whereas our neighboring country China prepared 10 lakh cyber security experts.
- In October 2016, Indian banks suffered data security breaches. It was one of the biggest cyber-attacks in India. India couldn’t stop it from happening.
- Still, some Indians are responding to fake calls about credit cards and bank account details. This shows us that there is a lack of cybersecurity awareness among people.
- We are importing lots of electronic devices from China, which are susceptible to malware and viruses.
- There is little control over the hardware used by Indian Internet users.
- India still has no proper system to assess the nature of cyber threats and respond to them effectively.
Yes, India is developing its cyber security but it is not enough we should take this matter seriously and invest more to develop a strong cybersecurity organization with all the modern equipment’s.