GD topic: How we can solve slum problem In India?
- August 22, 2018
- Posted by: mdeepak
- Category: Uncategorized
A slum is an unauthorized colony in an urban area where peoples are living with lacks of the basic living standard. In a slum, there is no operation of a government organization to improve the basic lifestyle. Water supply, electricity connection, hospital or schooling is absent in this areas.
Indian slums are not hidden from anyone even many times international media only push the Indian slums as the image of India. Not only in India all over the world where the population is increasing rapidly there can we see the slums and poverty problems. The government of India is now taking many steps to improve this condition but there is no such significant result obtained. Slum and problems in slums is not a current scenario it is like a history of India. Every political party and NGOs want to change this condition but still, we can see the increase in a number of slums.
English Avenue spoken English/GD/PI/Communication skill/ soft skill training classes in Bhubaneswar always wants to involve students in GD Topic which are connected to real life and most possible GD topics. GD topic like this can help spoken English students to increase speaking ability.
Let’s discuss some problem of slums and some suggestion to improve the living condition of slums.
Problems in Slums:
- In slums, Unhygienic conditions are one of the big problems.
- Lack of medical facilities, due to unhygienic condition health problem and cure is one of the most needed parts of slums.
- Lack of sanitation and clean toilet facility is not found in slums.
- Living space is very short in slums here every one bound to stay in congested condition.
- No access to drinking water and electricity.
- Most of the inhabitants of the slums can’t be beneficiaries to Govt schemes.
- Only a few slums are recognized by Govt. Conditions in unrecognized slums are even worse.
- No drainage system. In most slums, wastewater flow in between houses.
Causes of slum increase:
- Migration is the first cause for the increase of slums in urban areas every year lot of peoples are migrating to cities from villages.
- Urban areas in India are not that well equipped to keep new inhabitants with comfort.
- Cities in India are not well planned to further expansion.
- Poverty and lack of job opportunities in rural areas are the push factors of migration.
- Living cost in urban areas is very high.
- Increasing population, it’s a global problem for creating slums in cities.
- Social inequality is also a cause for slum creation. Many time we can see in rural areas, peoples belonging to the low cast are suppressed by peoples from the higher community this leads to poverty and migration.
- Political benefits, some political party use slums as a vote bank.
Suggestions to stop slums:
- Lack of job opportunity in villages is dragging peoples to urban areas, Improving job opportunities in rural as well as urban areas can decrease further increase of slums.
- Slum upgrading. It improved slum’s living conditions. But it does not address poverty and low wages of the informal economy.
- Planning rural development along with urban development, the connection should be established between rural areas to urban areas.
- Economic development is necessary to develop all the parts nation.
- Communication facility should be improved in rural are to urban are so that migration can be decreased.
- Urban is the housing board should take steps to decrease housing cost.
- Organized urbanization – Planning & Modifying urban areas to accommodate newcomers.
We should focus to stop the creation of further slums rather improving slums, slums which are already created should be considered for fast development and should focus to connect with the mainstream.
To know more about latest GD Topic like This Please follow English Avenue Blog site regularly English Avenue Spoken English/ Communication Skills/ GD PI Classes in Bhubaneswar.