GD TOPIC: ENGLISH SHOULD BE THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF INDIA
- August 27, 2018
- Posted by: mdeepak
- Category: Group Discussion
Official language should be the language which will be understood by everyone. English is a universal language. If it will be the official language then everyone can understand easily. Recently, when PM Modi used Hindi for its diplomatic talks, it surged agitation in non-Hindi states especially Tamil Nadu. Also, the recent NDA government’s proposal of giving importance to the Hindi language on social media accounts faced stiff opposition by the Tamil Nadu CM and other regional parties.
- As English is a universal language it can be understood by the people of every caste and states. Therefore it should be the official language.
- If any other language becomes the official language then all the regional parties will start the battle of making the state level as an official language of India.
- Nowadays In day to day life, we can find out the importance of English. In India also English is the secondary language from school level.
- If you go for an interview then it will never conduct your local language. Interview always conducts on the basis of the English Language.
- From school level we are studying English even in colleges all the subjects are written in English and also we are giving exam in the English language.
- English should not be the official language because already we have Hindi as our National language. If we will think about all the religions and castes then we will disobey to our culture.
- The government should take the step to create awareness regarding the Hindi language so that everyone can read, write and speak Hindi.
- As we know already India has adopted many western cultures and if we again adopt this then definitely we will lose our identification as Indian.
- India should learn from Pakistan especially in this matter that after division they made Urdhu as the official language in Pakistan.
- We should think about peoples of rural areas. Till now they are not getting the proper education. So how can we expect that they will understand English and speak English better?
It’s an internal matter of country but Government should consider this changing of present scenario. As we know Hindi represents India and if people of India don’t know Hindi then it really shames for us. Regional parties want to regional language to be the official language but why? The different regions are of India. They need to know Hindi. For them, why shall we change? So English should not be the official language.
To Know More about latest GD topic view our blog page. English Avenue spoken English institute in Bhubaneswar.