GD Topic: Co-education– Pros & Cons
- September 15, 2018
- Posted by: mdeepak
- Category: Group Discussion
Co-education or mix-education in Indian school means that in a single place both girls and boys get their education from the same teacher and will learn from the same syllabus with all similar facilities. We have also seen many schools only for boys and only for girls some time parents like to send their children’s in this type of school because the student will not get distracted and it will be safe for girl’s children. But nowadays most of the school are adopting co-education to teach their students real-life education so they can get a complete education from the school. Both the school have their pros and cons let’s see some of them and let’s conclude it.
Pros of co-education:
- A student from co-education are more friendly are they are ready for real life integration with the opposite sex. This quality help co-education student to perform well in a teamwork.
- A student from coeducation is more with respect to their relationship and much understanding of the opposite sex perspective.
- A student from co-education is much understanding to their opposite sex and in they mostly do not apply force or may less likely to harass and bully another gender because they have friends of opposite gender which increase their understanding.
- Creating separate institute and allocation fund is not necessary we can use that foundation to build up existing school better.
Cons of Co-education:-
- All students are not frank and friendly in front of opposite sex some time self-esteem become an issue and it stops student to express their self.
- In India, there are many places where girls are forced to drop their school when they come to their teenage. Girl’s school are the only place where their parents will agree to send their daughters.
- Every day we hear some news on girls harassment this scenario most of the parents get fear to send their daughter to a co-education school.
- Men and women face different types of problem in society. Co-education system tends to focus on teaching common problems faced by all.
Co-education prepares children for the real life. Everyone should get they chose to get their likely education environment. Building a separate school is not a bad idea but we should maintain a ratio between this two school, we should focus on co-education school because here resources will be shared equally in both gender.