GD Topic: Alcohol Ban in India – Good or Bad
- August 22, 2018
- Posted by: mdeepak
- Category: Uncategorized
The total ban on alcohol is a demand from many peoples, organization, community and many more but still, alcohol is one of the most revenue generating product. Many countries like Afghanistan, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Kuwait, Yemen are opposed to the selling and consumption of alcohol in their country. In India also many states like Nagaland, Mizoram, Gujarat, Bihar, and Kerala do not support the selling and consumption of alcohol. An excess amount of alcohol consumption can be injurious to health but still, peoples are manufacturing alcohol with the permit from the government not only that India is one of the largest markets for selling alcohol from western countries. This all fact is now creating a topic for discussion about the pros and cons of the alcohol ban.
English Avenue spoken English/GD/PI/Communication skill/ soft skill training classes in Bhubaneswar always wants to involve students in GD Topic which are connected to real life and most possible GD topics. GD topic like this can help spoken English students to increase speaking ability.
Let’s start today’s GD topic: Alcohol Ban in India – Pros and Cons
- Alcohol ban can reduce domestic violence & financial drain.
- Sufficient availability of alcohol is encouraging consumption of alcohol. Peoples are taking alcohol in an uncontrolled manner due to the very cheap price and presence of over stock.
- Lakshadweep’ is a successful example of the total ban on alcohol. Likewise in all over India alcohol can be ban.
- Alcohol consumption is high in the community peoples who are low in the financial background. The ban on alcohol can save a lot of money for them.
- Crimes can be reduced after an alcohol ban, peoples many time take criminal step after consumption of alcohol.
- Alcohol ban can reduce road accident. 80% of a total road accident all over the world happens due to over alcohol consumption.
- Alcohol addiction is not just a threat to the person that drinks, but also to his/her entire family.
- Alcohol generates a big amount of revenue for a state if alcohol is totally got ban then the state government will lose revenue.
- It will increase smuggling of alcohol and liquor mafia in our society. When Nagaland banded alcohol completely, smuggling increased in a rapid speed in Nagaland from neighboring state like Assam.
- People will search alternative addictive products like drugs which are more harmful than alcohol.
- Many people, who are working in the Alcohol industry will lose their jobs.
No doubt ban on Alcohol is a good step for our society, but a total ban in a single step may create problems like loos of jobs, increase smuggling, mafia etc. It must be implemented in a step by step manner and the sale should be restricted to very few outlets so that the consumption can be brought down.