Flipkart-Walmart deal – Impact on India
- September 21, 2018
- Posted by: mdeepak
- Category: Group Discussion
Flipkart-Walmart deals are one of the current hot topics in most group discussion. Flipkart is a well-known online shopping site in India and Walmart is a USA base shopping mal. No doubt Walmart is now trying to expand itself into online marketing and that’s the reason why Walmart made a deal with Flipkart. Because Flipkart is an Indian company and now its 77% shares sold to Walmart now here is the question what will be the impact going too happened, is it will go toward a positive side or toward a negative. Let’s discuss and conclude today’s GD topic Flipkart-Walmart deal
- Walmart is one of the leading shopping stores in the USA and by investing in Flipkart it will create a good message to other global investors to invest in to make in India project.
- Before Flipkart-Walmart deal, Flipkart was drying out of investment and struggling. There was a lack of infrastructure and other resources. This deal will boot Flipkart to a new start point.
- Amazon is the largest e-commerce site in India and overworld. By getting investment from Walmart Flipkart can now complete with this e-comer giant.
- Now we can say maybe Flipkart will close monopoly of Amazon and will provide us some good quality rather than only business. More competition can create more benefits.
- No doubt it will create more jobs for India and also Flipkart existing employee will be benefited by this step.
- Walmart is the World’s largest retailer. So we can adopt the best practices.
- India does not have any e-commerce policy. Investment of foreign companies can be harmful to our economy because there is no solid control unit for this.
- Walmart or Amazon both are USA based company there are no direct benefits for Flipkart and most of the share is now in Walmart so no doubt control will be in Walmart hand.
- Personal data of Indian customers now in insecurity. Most of the buying and selling of information can be passed to the USA which will later be used for their business purposes.
- This deal will result in lower prices which is a threat to physical retail stores.
Both the company will be benefited from this deal. This type of investment will attract other countries to invest in India companies. If we set a control guideline on online investment then there will be no problem and the Indian government is now already working on it and it will be regulated by the end of 2018.