GD TOPIC: IS INDIA READY FOR ELECTRIC CAR?
- August 25, 2018
- Posted by: mdeepak
- Category: Group Discussion
Environment pollution is now one of the major concern for every nation. Environment pollution like air pollution takes more life every Year than any war on the planet. Environment pollution now dragging every car company to build new technology which can reduce pollution created by vehicle every day. In future, all the crude oil will be empty from our planet and if we continue uses of this non-renewal fuel then our environment will be destroyed. For this reason, there is the increased number of research going on to develop the electric vehicle which will reduce the environment pollution by almost 30%. Many developed countries are already using the electric car as the alternative to petrol cars.
In India, many companies are already introduced electric bikes and preparing for lunch electric car. The government of India also now promoting the use of the electric bike, e-rickshaw, and cars as the alternative of public transport.
Here one question arises that is India ready to adopt electric vehicles as the alternative of traditional vehicles now or not. There are some merits and demerits of this new system is our nation and is there any other alternative to the electric vehicle or not. This is now a trending GD topic in public.
Let’s start the discussion on today’s GD topics: Is India ready for the electric car?
- Electric vehicles are pollution free they run on electricity and no carbon emission happens through them.
- The engines convert almost the entire chemical energy of the batteries into motion as opposed to the 20% of fuel energy converted by IC engines.
- These electric motors offer a smooth and soundless operation. The acceleration is strong and overall maintenance charges are low.
- These vehicles including the electric powered ATVs have a life cycle at the end of which they need to be disposed of. The battery is fully recyclable and can be reused as well.
- Electric vehicles can be charged through the solar power which can reduce the use of thermal power plants.
- Despite being pollution free, Indian electric vehicles still procure environmental costs because they run on electricity which is again generated by burning fossil fuels like coal.
- Electrical vehicles can cover only up to 100 miles before recharging, unlike gasoline automobiles that can cover as much as 300 miles with one full tank.
- Full recharge time can be as long as 8 hours. So a driver might get indefinitely stranded when the vehicle runs out of charge.
- The batteries used in ATVs that run on electricity are very costly and need to be changed once or more in the vehicle. Furthermore, these batteries are huge and occupy a lot of vehicle space.
The electric car can be a better option as an alternative to fossil fuel vehicle but right now in India, there is no such platform which can manage the electric car. There are to be more works to be down like building of more charge station, the increase of social awareness towards environment etc. cost of electric vehicles is much high now it should be affordable to Indians. Staring awareness from now can make electric car possible in India. Use of electric can reduce environmentally and it will save millions of lives in the future.
To know more on latest GD topics please flow our English Avenue blog regularly. English Avenue spoken English and communication skill development classes in Bhubaneswar.