Abstract GD Topic: Agriculture Vs Manufacturing Industry in India
- August 23, 2018
- Posted by: mdeepak
- Category: Uncategorized
Agriculture and manufacturing industry is the most significant sector for Indian economic development. This topic Agriculture Vs Manufacturing Industry in India holds a special probability to be a GD topic in some of the most important exams due to rapid growth in Indian industry sector which is directly affecting Indian Agriculture.
From a very long time, Indian Agriculture sector was the main backbone for the national economy in earlier time agriculture was holding 49% of total GDP of India with consumption of 80% of the total labor force. But now In India, agriculture contributes around 15% to the GDP and absorbs a little more than 49% of the labor force. The manufacturing sector contributes around 19% to the GDP and absorbs around 27% of the labor force. This difference in ratio is now forcing everyone to think about the future that which is more important Industry or Agriculture.
English Avenue spoken English/GD/PI/Communication skill/ soft skill training classes in Bhubaneswar always wants to involve students in GD Topic which are connected to real life and most possible GD topics. GD topic like this can help spoken English students to increase speaking ability.
Let’s start today’s GD Topic: Agriculture Vs Manufacturing Industry in India – priorities for future
Agriculture is more important to the economy:
- Agriculture is more important for the Indian economy because Indian Agriculture sector has global trade share of 7.68% which is an important income source for the Indian economy.
- The overall trade (exports+ imports) has also grown. India’s relative comparative advantage in agriculture is greater than that in the manufacturing sector.
- If Agriculture is taken as the first priority then with the growth of Agriculture in village area can develop backwardness of villages in India.
- With the growth of Agriculture, less work will be migrated into urban are so that industrialization can be possible in Village are ultimately it will develop rural sectors in India.
- If Agriculture gets more priority then more row material can be produced for manufacturing sector like textile, Sugar, packaged food etc.
- With modern technology, agriculture is now more productive and profit gaining sector. If we focus on the agriculture sector with the latest technology then it can be the most trade sharing sector for India and in the world economy.
The industry is more important for an economy:
- The manufacturing sector is the highest profit gaining sector for any national economy. If the industrial sector gets more priority then it can increase the global trade which can benefit to get more foreign investment.
- With the growth of an industry, more input can be generated for agriculture sectors like fertilizer and modern farming equipment’s.
- The manufacturing sector has a great potential to generate a large number of jobs than agriculture which can reduce poverty from India.
- If the manufacturing sector gets more emphasis than government schemes like Make in India and Made in India can be successful.
- Indian manufacturing sector is performing very well in some global industry sector like vehicle manufacturing and medicine manufacturing. India can be a global leader in the manufacturing sector if we focus more on industrialization.
- Indian manufacturing sector is now the backbone of Indian economy because it holding 19% of GDP growth contribution which is more the agricultural sector.
Conclude with a balanced approach:
Agriculture and Industry are complementary and not competitive in nature due to demand, production, and savings- investment linkages. India needs to revamp its manufacturing sector and agriculture sector by using scientific methods of production which are economically feasible and practical, environmentally sustainable and globally competitive to exploit the gains from trade, increase output & employment and reduce inequalities.
To know more about latest GD Topic like This Please follow English Avenue Blog site regularly English Avenue Spoken English/ Communication Skills/ GD PI Classes in Bhubaneswar.